I received my PhD in March 2012 from the University of Brescia. My supervisor was Alfonso Gerevini, co-supervisor Alessandro Saetti.
I worked at the planning group of the University of Brescia, as a postdoctoral research fellow, till September 2012. In October 2012 I moved to the University of Huddersfield, where I served as a research fellow till April 2016.
My main research interest is in Artificial Intelligence Planning. In particular I work on domain-independent planning, SAT-based planning, machine learning, portfolio approaches, heuristic search, genetic algorithms, automatic algorithm configuration. I am also interested in the fields of Abstract Argumentation, innovative applications of AI in Medicine, and Computational Creativity.
- My take on Pokémon Go!
- Want to describe a Creative Agent? Here our proposal
- What is the state of the art in Planning after the 2014 International Planning Competition? Find it on the AI Magazine paper.
- Curious about Portfolio-based Planning? Here an extensive overview
- Co-chair of the ICAPS-17 Workshop on Knowledge Engineering for Planning and Scheduling (KEPS).
- Co-organiser of the Fifth International Competition on Knowledge Engineering for Planning and Scheduling (ICKEPS-16).
- Co-chair of the 2016 UK Planning and Scheduling Special Interest Group workshop (PlanSIG-16).
- Co-organiser of the COMMA-16
- Co-organiser of the ICAPS-15 Workshop on the International Planning Competition.
- Co-organiser of the deterministic part of the eighth International Planning competition (IPC 2014).
- Steering Committee Member of the International Competition on Computational Models of Argumentation (ICCMA).
- Co-chair of the Study Day on Computer Simulation of Musical Creativity
Programme Committee Memberships
- 32nd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2018)
- IEEE 20th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC 2017)
- 26th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2017)
- 27th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS 2017)
- 30th International Conference on Industrial, Engineering & Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems -- Special Track on Application of Argumentation (IEA/AIE 2017)
- 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2016)
- 26th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS 2016)
- Student Abstract and Poster Program of the 30th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2016)
- 24th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2015)
- 21st European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2014)
- 23rd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2013)
- AlgoConf 2015 (The AAAI-15 Workshop on Algorithm Configuration)
- International Conference on ICT in Education, Research, and Industrial Applications (ICTERI), 2015, 2016, 2017.
- 1st Workshop on Advances In Argumentation In Artificial Intelligence 2017
- SPARK 2017
- PlanSIG 2012, 2014, 2015 (UK Planning and Scheduling Special Interest Group)
- IPS 2013, 2015 (Italian Planning and Scheduling workshop)
- RCRA 2015, 2016
Service in Doctoral Consortia
- ICAPS 2016 doctoral consortium - DC mentor
- ICAPS 2015 doctoral consortium - DC mentor